Monday 23 March 2015

My Speech at 'Ablaze 2013'

Firstly, I am not such a gifted speaker. I'm still learning. lol.
In August 2013, I was invited by Dayo Adelaja to give a brief charge at his church's (The Believer's Gracelife Ministries) youth conference. I was really honoured for the opportunity and i greatly appreciate it and i still appreciate it.
 Guess what? I think i did a good job, and I was invited in 2014 too. I hope I get invited in 2015. I wont even mind going there every year till Christ returns.

Enjoy my little effort.



Ablaze (Aug 31st, 2013)

Good afternoon everyone. It’s a great honour to be here. I have been given 10 minutes to set you ablaze (lol. not the BokoHaram way.)

I shall be speaking based on this bible verse: Isaiah 60:1:  "Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you.” NIV
Your light has come, but you need to arise. It says arise and shine, for your light has come. Though your light has come, yet you still need to arise. You need to make a move.

Someone once said: “The greatest tragedy in life is when an opportunity comes knocking and you are not prepared”, but I’ll put it like this “the greatest tragedy in life is when your light comes and you do not arise.”

You upcoming artistes, Imagine yourself in a banking hall one morning and you meet Donjazzy there, just ahead of you on the queue. What will you do? Do you have what it takes to get his direct phone number?

What if you meet Dangote on an elevator? Do you have what it takes to get his business card? Can you tell him “Sir, I make cakes, but not the usual types of cake we have around……..” Can you make him get interested in what you have to offer? Can you make him invest in your little business?

Your light may come at any time, but you will need to arise.

Imagine you have a dead phone battery and you desperately need to charge. Then while you are asleep in the midnight, Nepa restores the power supply. The light has come, but you still need to arise so your phone can get charged. Will you be too weak to arise? Will you be fast asleep that you wouldn’t know Nepa has ‘brought the light’? Will you just realize at that point that your charger is faulty? The light has come, but it’s up to you to make use of it.

Can your relatives who own huge businesses trust you to manage one of them? If they call you to manage one of the businesses today, are you ready? Can you manage it well, or will you just ruin it?
What do you have to offer life?

How well have you been developing yourself? What are you developing yourself in? Don’t wait for school, develop yourself. Get the relevant skills you need. Read the right books, watch the right movies, and move with the right people.


Thank you and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment